ULA Coaches Education Program
The ULA Coaches Education Program is dedicated to the education and support of all coaches in the State of Utah.
New for the 2014 2015 school year: (clink on the "hot" link below)
- National "pilot" program by USL to make Level I Local clinics more accessible.
- New Coach Mentor Program to assist first time or short time youth coaches.
- Advanced Seminar Training (LAX 102) via the USL "Vault" of Select Convention presentations.
- Create an active network of Coaches Ed Liaisons in every youth program state wide.
For other Coaches Education Pages, click on one of these links...
In Person USL Level I Local Clinics (coming Oct 2014)
This clinic is one of the six parts of the USL Level I Certification Requirements. Because we have a USL Certified Trainer for Boys Lacrosse living in our zip code we have been able to try a special format for presenting this material to our community.
Under the new format, we are able to break up the session into three 2-3 hr pieces and schedule them in various communities around the region. Not only does this format make them more easily accomplished, but it allows us to present the material without flying other certified trainers to town. The end result is a less expensive course, available on week nights this October.
- Davis County Clinic - Site: Syracuse Recreation Center, 1900 S. 2000 West, Syracuse, UT 84075
- Sept 30, Oct 1 and Oct 15, 2014
- Salt Lake Co Clinic - Site: Westminster College, Health, Wellness Athletic Center 1840 S. 1300 East, SLC, UT 84105
- Oct 9, Oct 21 & Nov 4, 2014
- Utah County Clinic - Site: 20 West 1120 North, American Fork, UT 84003
- Oct 8, Oct 22 & Oct 30, 2014
New Coach Mentor Program. (coming in February 2015)
If your organization has multiple new coaches every year this program is for you.
- Get USL Coaches Education delivered to them to help them handle the challenges of learning the sport.
- Get them set up with an experienced coach mentor to provide drills, answer questions and to visit on site to assist early in the season.
- Give them a "Phone a friend" support when they struggle to get past an specific problem they encounter.
Lax 102 Advanced Seminar Training for experienced Coaches (coming in November 2014)
This year we'll be delivering access to specific Presentations in the USL Vault which will:
- Offer advanced tactics and strategies as well as great teaching tips for various segments of the game.
- Track completion of the session attendance and reward participating coaches who send time getting these sessions completed.
Coaches Education Liaison Network (coming Oct 2014)
Wouldn't it be great if someone in your local lacrosse community always knew what was just around the corner for coaches who wanted to get more tricks and drills in their coaching tool kit. If you are well connected with the other coaches in your youth program and are interested in staying abreast of the activities planned in our region this year, talk with your Program Director and find out if your organization has a designated CE Liaison Rep. Or just
and let us know of your input for future Coaches Education events.