Summer Men's League
2017 Men's Summer League Info
League Commissioner: Collin Madsen,
Team Registration Cost: $20.00 (opens April 28th)
Individual Player Registration: $95.00 (opens May 10th)
- Early Bird Registration - $80 (May 1st - May 10th)
- Late Registration $120 (May 10th - June 21st)
The goal of Men's Summer League is to provide the Utah Lacrosse Community with an opportunity for post high school participation in the sport, and to allow participating players of all skill levels to enjoy the game. The ULA Men's Summer League is a competitive, yet fun and relaxed atmosphere for clubs from all over Utah. Teams are generally composed of a mix of recent high school graduates, current college players, post college players, and even some beginners. Although the atmosphere is fun loving and relaxed, games are competitive, fast paced, and full contact. Win/loss records are kept in order to determine post season and championship play for the most successful teams each season.
VERY IMPORTANT REMINDER:
Players must have graduated from High School in order to play in the Men’s Summer League. If a current High School player is caught playing on your team, that player will lose one year of high school eligibility (higher punishment may be given by the HSB Coaches Council). The team will also be punished by the ULA and the Men’s League Council. Please make sure to monitor your teammates!!
Each team MUST have a minimum roster of 16 players, and is organized through a team captain who acts as the primary contact with the League Commissioner. Each team will play 10 games in the regular season, with the top 6 teams in each division qualifying for post season play (New for 2015). Unless make up games are necessary for weather cancellations, no team should be scheduled to play more than twice during a week.
Location and schedules will be given to the players prior to the start of each season. Each game is officiated by 2 referees. The games consist of running-time 12 minute quarters, with 2 minute breaks between quarters and a 5 minute half time. Each team is allowed 1 time out per half. A team must have at least 8 players from its official roster, including a goalie, to start a game. If at least 8 players including the goalie are not present, a team forfeits the game. Any team forfeiting more than 3 regular season games will be disqualified from post season play.
Score Table -Applications are now being accepted by filling out the Summer Men's League Score Table Application form under "ONLINE FORMS" under the "Boys" tab on the top of this page, or click here
Men’s League Table Crew Responsibilities
- Remember you are representing the Utah Lacrosse Association. Conduct yourself in a professional and respectful manner.
- When you arrive help set up the field for play. Things that must be done are:
- Set out goals.
- Set up score table and chairs.
- Set out cones
- Set out endline balls just before the game begins.
- Once the game begins your main responsibility is keeping score. This is very important as this league does have playoffs and a championship. Keep it on the flip board and written down!
- Also during the game you will keep penalty time using the stopwatch(s) provided. All penalties are time and a half. 30 seconds= 45 seconds, 1 minute=90 seconds, etc. Time will be communicated to the table by the officials.
- It will be the table crew’s job to check in players before each game. This process will be communicated prior to the season.
- You must communicate with the league commissioner if any equipment becomes missing, is low on supply, or is broken.
- After the game help clean up the field. This includes making sure everything from the score table is in the box. The goals must be locked up each night. ALL garbage must be thrown away. We have to keep the field clean to insure being able to use it.
- At the end of the night you must communicate the scores to the commissioner either by email, phone call or text message.
- This is a paid position so while you are working (during the time scheduled) pay attention to the game and be proactive. Try to solve problems and get things ready before it becomes an issue.
Applications will not be accepted after June 4th. Along with the application please be sure to include any summer plans along with desired days to work. Games will generally be played 3 nights a week. Scheduled work time will be 5:30-9. If you cannot work it is YOUR responsibility to find a replacement and communicate with the commissioner who that will be.
Congratulations to our 2015 Champions
2015 DI Champions - The Grateful Heads
2015 DII Champions - The JV Allstars
Congrat’s to ALL Men's League teams on a GREAT summer of lacrosse.
See everybody next year for more lacrosse fun !!!